MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move from localhost to the web
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm having problems trying to move my site from my local machine to the web. Is there a guide or some info somewhere I can find how to sort out cache issues? I moved the database and the files just fine but the site is obviously using a cached version and continues to direct links to http://localhost rather than the actual domain. The config.php file was set to "db" so I changed it to "files" hoping that would allow me to login, but it's not working.

Anyone know how I can delete the database cache or is there something I'm missing?
Did you update your board URL and cookie settings before the move...??
I modified the database after the move, that's usually what I do with software like this. So I modified the mybb_settings, bburl and homeurl to domain and mybb_settings, cookiepath to / as it's installed in the root.
Would have been a lot easier to do it in the ACP before the move but nevermind... what link are you clicking that takes you back to localhost, exactly?? You never really said...
It's usually easier the way I do it because then I can continue to work on my local version rather than rendering it useless or modifying it's database.

The links that point to Localhost are the Login, Register, Search, well most of them except the actual forums, you can see for yourself at cssboard.com.
Yeah, your board URL is wrong. If you'd edited in the ACP, it'd be OK... edit it in settings.php, then in the ACP straight after. The forum uses the values in the file. The file is generated using values from the database but unless the file has been regenerated with the new database values, it won't work, and that's the case here, the database is updated, but the file, where the settings are coming from, isn't, it has the old localhost values still.
Didn't even realize that file had actual settings in it, thanks very much for your help, everything seems to be working now. Smile