MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private message notification not being sent through email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently moved my forum to a new host & since then notifications of a
"New Private message" are not being sent via email to the members even though the option "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message." is marked in UserCP.

But emails are sent alright, as I have used the mass mail feature without any problem.

Please help me in solving the problem.
Thanks.
What's your Mail Handler ?
PHP or SMTP ..??
Its selected as PHP in Mail Settings.
So they just don't get the PM alert email?? Do other similar alerts send?? Subscriptions??
O sorry, I just checked it, the thread subscription is also not working.
The thing is that I didn't install my forum in the new host server, I just copied all the files from my old host to new host. Then did a Import database backup. I hope this isn't causing the errors.
Do they have any mail restrictions setup??
I don't know if there is a mail restriction setup.
Mails are just not going out... Even mails on getting forgotten passwords are also not working, though its being shown that the mail has been sent. Any way to solve this?
Well, can you ask them if they have any mail restrictions...?? That's kinda what I was getting at, not for you to say you don't know if they do, but for you to ask if they do... if not, have you tried SMTP mail??
Hey, i guess its the server problem..
I tried offserver using SMTP but it still not working.. How to make it work? Maybe Gmail smtp.
Your host should be able to give you a smtp server to use. Ask them for the details.