MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PokeLounge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's a site for competitive Pokemon gamers to chat with their friends. Big Grin

http://pokelounge.com/index.php
Why is your banner image so big, considering there's almost nothing in it?

Overall, it looks fine ... but I don't see what sets it apart from the multitudes of successful Pokemon communities out there.
I use MyBB, and none of the others do. :/

Also, I have no reason for the banner image being so big, I just felt like making it larger to draw more attention to it I suppose. :/

But thanks for the feedback. Big Grin
I actually think the big banner image suits your site very well.
The character in your header image seems roughly cut, you can actually see the white outline. You might want to check out www.planetrenders.net

I would have liked to have seen more Pokemon variety. Like a pokeball as the on/off/offlock images. All I see is that 1 character over and over again.

Overall looks pretty good.
(2009-06-25, 07:43 AM)Ooka Wrote: [ -> ]I use MyBB, and none of the others do. :/

"Using MyBB" is not going to be a differentiating factor to your visitors. You need unique content to stand out ...
Lmao, I don't understand why you're having problems with my posts bey brad, but I really don't think you should. I mean, you could have taken that as a friendly post and just left it alone, but you had to reply yet again and make me feel like I'm wasting my time.

And thanks for the posts everyone else.
Yet he is completely right, it's constructive criticism. add some content.
(2009-06-25, 02:38 PM)Ooka Wrote: [ -> ]Lmao, I don't understand why you're having problems with my posts bey brad, but I really don't think you should. I mean, you could have taken that as a friendly post and just left it alone, but you had to reply yet again and make me feel like I'm wasting my time.

And thanks for the posts everyone else.

I did take it as a friendly post, and I don't see how I am being unfriendly. There are plenty of other sites where Pokemon players can converse with each other. I don't see the advantage your forum has over others ... why should I join your forum when I could join a more active one instead? What content does your forum provide to entice people to join and participate?

These aren't cruel things to say, they're things you need to consider if you're serious about your site. If you don't care about the success or the content of your site, feel free to disregard my comments.

Frankly, I am really tired of everyone brushing off all criticism as cruelty or insulting. If you are posting your work here, you are implicitly claiming it is good enough to be worth showing off. Yours is certainly better than many other forums posted here, but that does not mean it is the best it can be.
Apologies, I was having quite the nicfit earlier, and I really wasn't feeling very nice. xD

So, um, basically, my site has a database of Pokemon competitive movesets that we're slowly releasing, and it's a more social competitive battling website, which you don't really see much of, besides Smogon, which is full of things not relating to Pokemon at all. So basically what I'm aiming for is a fun and competitive site made for the fans. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4