MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A way to change syndication to feedburner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
So far, I really like the board.
I'm already building my second forum with MyBB.

One question.
When you try to subscribe with the browsers (IE, FF), MyBB tells people to subscribe with syndication. I already made my feedburner link on the forum, but whoever uses the browsers to subscribe, it stills goes to feedburner.

Is there any way to redirect syndication to feedburner?

Thank you.
What do you mean by 'Subscribe' ?
Do you mean for subscribing for threads instead ??
(2009-06-25, 03:24 PM)torchsonghq Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to redirect syndication to feedburner?
I believe it is all explained in the feedburner help:
http://www.google.com/support/feedburner...swer=79408

(2009-06-25, 03:44 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by 'Subscribe' ?
Do you mean for subscribing for threads instead ??

Any feed reader uses the term "subscribe": it is for the RSS syndication of a site which offers such service. So, you actually subscribe to the service which typically provides the latest headlines / news / threads, etc.

Regards
Thank you for the replies.
I already made mybb feed to redirect to feedburner.
If the visitors click the feedburner rss link that I've made, they'll be subscribed to the feedburner which is fine.

But if the visitors use browser's rss button to subscribe, it'll direct them to syndication. (On IE, it's on the tab toolbar, and FF, it's next to the address bar).

You can come and see what I mean : http://gamersroute.com/forum

Sorry if I can't be clear than needed.
Alter the headerinclude template...I believe the syndication link is there.
(2009-06-26, 04:32 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Alter the headerinclude template...I believe the syndication link is there.

Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot find the headerinclude template.
I'm using the default theme. Where would I find that?
Thank you for the reply. I think I'm a step closer to the solution.
(2009-06-26, 05:13 PM)torchsonghq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-26, 04:32 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Alter the headerinclude template...I believe the syndication link is there.

I cannot find the headerinclude template.

The headerinclude template is among the Ungrouped Templates at the bottom of your current template.
There is a way to mod the RSS and Atom settings indeed!
Thank you sooo much guys!