MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to forum, checking it out to learn about this software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I am considering using this on my webstie and figured that to get to know if this is something I want to use I figured I would get involved on one of the forums to get familiar with how it works.... So far this all seems awesome, is this forum exactly what I could get for my website? or are their features on this forum that I would ahve to purchase, if so how much? I have many questions but figure I will search the forum to see what I can learn.... Forgive me if I ask questions that have already been answered, and thank you in advance to anyone who can help answer my questionsSmile

First impressions are very good with this forum, everything looks great and the features I;ve used so far were very easy!!
MyBB is totally free, always has been, always will be Smile What you see here is what you get in the download package, apart from the header block (with the mountains and the Home, About, Downloads etc links), and the three coloured newsbars on the forum index; everything else is included Smile
Hello and welcome to the community..! Smile
Hope you will enjoy your stay with Us.

As far as Features are concerned, You can download Plugins for Free From HERE

For Support of questions you asked Use THIS FORUM

and Feel Free to ask whatever you like regarding mybb...!

Have a nice experience using mybb..

Thankyou
Thank you all for being so kind, I think I am going to download it and use it.

But I have one big concern, I want to integrate it into my exhisting website, how would this be possible??? I know I can link my navigation to a url that I park this forum at, but can I have my normal site navigation at the top of this forum, just below the big picture header?? My goal is to keep my traffic on my site while their using the forum??

As far as learning how this works, I am going to dive into it and just start learning, so thank you all in advance for your tips and pointer's, they are VERY helpfulLightbulb
so I just downloaded it, now do I just upload the files into my FTP and get them up on the internet?????? I am confused, this is definately the most techy thing I've done besides building and hosting my website.....
For Installing MyBB USE THIS GUIDE

And for Integrating Your Forum to your Website USE THIS GUIDE

Enjoy Using MyBB...! Smile
(2009-06-26, 03:51 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]For Installing MyBB USE THIS GUIDE

And for Integrating Your Forum to your Website USE THIS GUIDE

Enjoy Using MyBB...! Smile

Thanks again! I was clicking through the files last night and saw how to get it up..... Integrating it into my website is the big thing, thanks again.... I try to search for these questions before I post them but I can never seem to find what I need, so once again I appreciate your links very much