MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Email doesn't Send
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When users try to register for my forums, the activation email doesn't get sent. For now I changed it to instant activation, but I would like to go back to email. I tested it myself and tried to fix the problem but the email just doesn't send and I am not sure why.

http://xizn.net Using 1.4.7

Please help, thank you
Have you tried the test here?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Have you checked your spam email folders?? Do other mails send, thread subscription emails?? Does your host have any email restrictions??
(2009-06-25, 08:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the test here?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Have you checked your spam email folders?? Do other mails send, thread subscription emails?? Does your host have any email restrictions??

I'll try that now, it didn't go to the spam folder, and I don't think my host has any restrictions, I'll check on that.
I tried that test and it says the mail is sent but I don't receive it and it doesn't go in the spam folder.
As it says that "mail is sent" you have to wait for it.
In one forum , Isaw the same problem, where it says me that Activation Mail has been sent succesfully, and I receives it after 8 hours Smile

Just wait
(2009-06-26, 04:45 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]As it says that "mail is sent" you have to wait for it.
In one forum , Isaw the same problem, where it says me that Activation Mail has been sent succesfully, and I receives it after 8 hours Smile

Just wait

Doesn't seem like it, still hasn't come Undecided
Would you be able to check with your host to see if they have any mail settings that might interfere??
(2009-06-26, 10:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Would you be able to check with your host to see if they have any mail settings that might interfere??

Yeah I emailed him, he should get back to me soon.
the amount of people having problems with this is unreal
i have the same problem Sad

i hope someone can fix this
For everybody who has this "problem" you need to try the test script posted in the wiki link above. If yours says mail was sent properly, but you do not receive the email, then it is a problem with your host's setting. Alternatively you can configure MyBB to use a third party SMTP server - usually your webhost can provide you with one.
Pages: 1 2