MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add custom fields to registration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All,

I've been using myBB (1.407) for a couple of weeks now and I wonder if its possible to have 2 additional fields on the registration screen:

1) A "zip code" field so users, if they want, can put their zip codes;

2) A check box where user could agree on something (in this, case, to receive email offers from partners)

I could, then, use the zip codes in an application to geographically map the areas with more customers and (again, if they accept) provide better suited offerings...

Is there a tutorial or guide on how to do that?

thanks in advance!
Ok.. how should I want to run a forum if I dont search before posting? sorry guys... just found the answer... tks!
Admin CP > configuration > on the left it sez custom Profile field
(2009-06-25, 10:34 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP > configuration > on the left it sez custom Profile field

You need to select "Required" for the field to show on the registration page.
Thanks to all! It worked just fine.
Hello ALL,

I am back to this question... the provided solution works fine and I have my custom fields added to the registration page. However, I dont want them to be mandatory... when I set them to "required", the registration process wont proceed..

So, basically, I need the custom fields to show up at the registration page but I also need that the user can left them in blank...

Any hint on how can I do that?

tks!
If you want to make it so they can leave it blank and still continue with registration then change it from required to optional Big Grin
hummm... there is no such option... I can make it "required: yes or no". I am looking at the wrong place (ACP / Custom Profile Fields/ Options)... I mean, I cannot have the custom fields showing up on the registration page unless I set them to "required"... I would like them to show up without being required...

tks.
Hmmm that is strange, well they can always edit it once they join. But i dun understand why its not putting it there.
Yeah, the only way to get it to the registration page is to make it required but then you have to fill it in which may not always be necessary... dunno if this could be changed for 1.6 or not.
(2009-08-19, 09:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the only way to get it to the registration page is to make it required but then you have to fill it in which may not always be necessary... dunno if this could be changed for 1.6 or not.

Ha... ok! tks!
Pages: 1 2