MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I make the default Thread View to be "Linear"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

All new users in my forum are getting the default thread view as "list" and I would like it to be "linear"...

Can this be done?

Tks in advance!
Yes...!

Go to Admin CP > Configurations > Settings > Show Thread Options > and first option > Change the radio button to 'Display posts using the classic layout'
I have a feeling he actually means the 'Usenet Style Thread View' in the Showthread Options, needs to be no. This won't affect current members though, you'll need an SQL query for that.
Thanks to both of you! Actually what I would like is to have all answers showing up in the same page. When the "thread view" is set to the dafault option, the last reply shows us and the others are shown as links in the bottom of the page...

No problem regarding the existing users as I am still setting up the forum and its not populated yet...

I will try the usenet hint and see if that works. Will post later.

Thanks again!
Yeah, in that case then it's the Usenet setting, turn that off and it should be how you need it Smile
Thanks! I just confirmed that it did it. Obrigado!