MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove password for guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether it was possible to remove the password for when a guest makes a post. (Guest posting is enabled).

Thanks Smile
the board
Actually Guests donot requiere Password, They do require Capatcha verification, Just to avoid any BOT posting it ..
That's true, I have noticed that but when a guest goes to post it has password beneath the username. Is there anyway to remove that? Smile

I probably should have worded it better.
Can you provide an example of where it shows a password beneath the username? I checked your forum and it only shows the username then "Unregistered" below it.
No he means while posting...this is part of mybb.

Which of your forums is for guest posting?

Can you make a post/reply and leave the password blank? If so then it's just a matter of removing it from the template. You can view the source code of the page and look for the comment tags that say which template has the code you are trying to remove.
She Wink

Here is a picture of what I mean. The board is called the "Promote your site" board. Guests are able to post without registering/logging in. It's just causing confusion for people having a password box there. Smile

Picture of it
How about answering my questions?

Can you make a post/reply and leave the password blank?

Which of your forums is for guest posting?
I removed it from the template, works fine... (Ungrouped Templates, loginbox, remove <tr> that contains password field... I also did a similar change to the changeuserbox template there)
Labrossa, I answered your questions.

I said "Promote your site" for the board and I supplied a link to the board at the top of the thread.

And I also said "Guests are able to post without registering/logging in" although it should have been a bit clearer. So yes, they are able to post with leaving it blank.

Thank you frostschutz, it works like a charm Smile
I believe the password is there just so users can login if they already have an account but forgot to login.