MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tiny question about upgrade to 1.4.8 - version numbers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. This is my first actual thread on the forums so, ah, please don't bite? Smile

My question is just a teensy one - I did the manual patch, and then went to the upgrade file and in the drop-down to select what I was upgrading from, the latest release was 1.4.4 (I was already at 1.4.7). Just wondering if I should have just selected that and then clicked to upgrade? Instead I just uploaded all the files in the zip, but for future upgrades I just wanted to be sure. Is the .x on the end of 1.4 unimportant as far as the upgrade script is concerned?
If she is running 1.4.4 she may need to download the complete 1.4.8 package. Why not give accurate instructions otherwise don't give any at all. You continue to give advice when you yourself don't have a good understanding of MyBB. You are probably causing more harm than good by posting here.
I think labrocca's right; because you'll be needing the upgrade from 1.4.4 > 1.4.5 as well, which needed the upgrade script to be run, you'll need the full package. The manual changes are just the security changes, the change files package is for upgrading from the previous version, in this case 1.4.7, to the new version, in this case 1.4.8. If you are upgrading more than one version, you should use the full package from the downloads page. Plus you won't be getting the changed files for 1.4.5, 1.4.6 and 1.4.7 if you just use the latest changed files package. And, as always, make sure you have a database backup first.
(2009-06-26, 03:58 PM)GradGrrrl Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all. This is my first actual thread on the forums so, ah, please don't bite? Smile

My question is just a teensy one - I did the manual patch, and then went to the upgrade file and in the drop-down to select what I was upgrading from, the latest release was 1.4.4 (I was already at 1.4.7). Just wondering if I should have just selected that and then clicked to upgrade? Instead I just uploaded all the files in the zip, but for future upgrades I just wanted to be sure. Is the .x on the end of 1.4 unimportant as far as the upgrade script is concerned?

For Upgrade please Use THIS GUIDE

And Yes the 'x' on the end of 1.4. is important for Upgrades, It is because to avoid any chances of colliding the files codes.

Edit : Beaten By MattR Big Grin