MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any suggestion for a games plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All,

I am setting up my board and would like to have some games on it.

I've tried the "games session" plugin but could not make it work (maybe because my admin folder is renamed).

I wonder if anyone can suggest a new game plugin...

tks in advance!
my admin folder is renamed too, but for me its working.
(2009-06-26, 11:53 PM)-=snAke=- Wrote: [ -> ]my admin folder is renamed too, but for me its working.

hummm... can you confirm the steps you did (if you remember)?

- copy the files
- go to the Configuration/Plugins and install/activate it
- (now this is where I might be wrong) go to the Configuration/Board Settings and use the "Game Session" area to configure it...

Am I doing something wrong?

tks in advance!
I got the whole game section on my site but it was as awkward to install as you will ever find took loads of help but keep trying and you will get it
(2009-06-27, 01:26 AM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: [ -> ]I got the whole game section on my site but it was as awkward to install as you will ever find took loads of help but keep trying and you will get it

whow! that is comforting... Smile

Since I am not much of html/php expert (actually I am pretty noob) I will study it carefully before trying again... I am reading the whole thread about it right now...

Anyway, any additional hints would be appreciated...

Tks!
One question... my forum is not in english... (portuguese - brazil). Can this be the issue?
Just upload all the files that are in the plugins admin folder to your renamed admin folder.
thanks! actually I just did it in a odd way... I uploaded all files to the server, installed the plugin and it worked! After that, I realised that I HAD NOT USED THE CORRECT ADMIN FOLDER. I had uploaded the admin folder to a new "admin" folder... not touched my renamed admin folder...

how odd is that?

Tks!
looks like I spoke too soon. Even though its working, I still dont have the Game Section area in the admin/configuration/Board Settings area... meaning that I cannot add new games...

Any hint?
This plugin has install problems up the wazoo. I sort of have a fixed version of the actual inc/plugins/games.php that I believe resolves the issues.

Since this isn't my plugin I can't release it but I have used it for a few clients now successfully to get Games Section installed when they continually failed.

Unfortunately Games Section isn't well supported by the author and as good as a plugin it is has lacked new development. I hope one day he gets it out of beta and properly working. Even I like to use it on some of my sites.
Thanks labrocca (just subscribed to mybb central today - great site!).

I was able to make it work by uploading the language files to the language folder I am using (portuguese-br) as well. Now I have it in my admin CP but have a new problem...

When I try to add any game:

a) if its through Add (Simple), it gives me "You didn't select if there are gamedata files for this game" message. I tried to set both yes and no to the "Gamedata included with game" option and get the same message regardless.

b) if its through Add Game (tar), it gives me the "There is an error with the upload of the game." message...

Any hint? Anybody?
I find that not all games work. Try a few and see if they have the same result.
Pages: 1 2