MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time is incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The time showing on posts as the time of the posting is incorrect. I've checked my settings and it shows the default at GMT-5 Eastern, Bogota, Lima. The area on my profile is showing as also GMT-5, so same timezone. It is off by 4 hours (I just posted at 9:04pm and it is saying 1:05am)
Any suggestions?
Thank all,
http://www.wolfbrook.net/forum/
admin cp > Configuration > Date And Time
As I stated in the original post, the settings are correct at GMT-5 but the time posting is wrong.
I've tried resetting the Date and Time to some other random time, like GMT +10 and then resetting and saving the correct time of GMT-5 but it still shows the current time off by 4 hours.
Oh, and love your avatar! My dad grew up in Manchester!
Thanks,
OK, I figured it out. I had to go into the User CP and change it. Kind of convoluted to not have the default time setting under admin CP apply. I'm not sure that my users will ever get that they will have to set that up. Is there anyway to have all new users automatically use the default time, not just guests? Probably 95% of my forum users will be local, so everyone automatically going to GMT-5 would be good.
I just went back and looked at the user CP>Edit Options and under time setting it says you have to set it if you want anything different than the boards default time. Not sure why this had the other time since the board is set to GMT-5.
I just posted the link to the forum to our club members, so as they start posting I'll watch and see what time theirs are showing.
Thanks,

Thanks,
Annette
Newly registered users will take on the default timezone set in the Admin CP settings. Existing users must change their timezone in the User CP.
If you want everybody to be on GMT-5, run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `timezone` = '-5';

But yeah, as Dennis said, pretty much all settings that will affect the user in some way, timezone, postbit style, everything like that, won't affect currently registered users.
I have my forum set to GMT -7 in the admin and the time works well. However, when I register a new user it doesn't use the defaults set in admin cp. I've tried changing the default time and daylight savings to a different value and then back again to what it should be with no success.

Everytime I create a new user and then check, it is *not* using the admin cp defaults. Am using the latest version MyBB...

Is this a known issue, what can I try to resolve it?
Is settings.php CHMOD to 666??
Thanks for the quick reply...I just checked the permissions and yes they are 666. I even changed them and re-applied just for good measure.

I should add that the time zone *and* the DST settings do not get used when I create new users. Yesterday I manually added 107 accounts and had to go into each one to update the DST and the time zone.