MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .htacess help o_O
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes i read somewhere that when making mybb seo friendly links all you had to do was rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess which i did and i get a 404 error.Domain name is allaboutpedro.com/community

My host is 000webhost and i know it supports mod_rewrite because i've installed wordpress and alot of it is mod_rewrite. Just wondering why it doesnt work for mybb Huh
You also have to enable search engine friendly URLs in "Server and Optimization Options". Did you do that?
some hosts want some extra stuff in the .htaccess like 'RewriteBase /community/' or they don't like some stuff which you have to remove... the included htaccess.txt is an example that works for many but not for all, it depends on the host...
"You also have to enable search engine friendly URLs in "Server and Optimization Options". Did you do that?"

By default mybb says that its automaticly detected weather or not its compatable just in case i did enable just now still get the same error.

"some hosts want some extra stuff in the .htaccess like 'RewriteBase /community/' or they don't like some stuff which you have to remove... the included htaccess.txt is an example that works for many but not for all, it depends on the host... "

Um i really dont know anything about website coding Sad or anything so me editing the .htaccess is a no go =[

anyone here got it to work on 000webhost :[[
make a support ticket with them?
(2009-06-27, 06:28 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]make a support ticket with them?

Thanks i posted it on the forum hopefully someone knows what to do.
*update*
"You must use

rewritebase /

It is required on 000webhost"

Got it to work finally add "rewritebase /" if its in the root of your domain
ie if its not add whatever you named the folder "rewritebase /community"