MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use SEO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

My hosting provider has some SEO tools and one of these produced a code that I would need to put in my web site's inicial page between the <header> and the </header> tags.

Where can I find these tags? I found in the the forumdisplay template but wonder if that is correct?

Also, would it be better to use one of the SEO plugins instead or actually, doing both the code add and the plugin?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

tks!
headerinclude template

Quote:Also, would it be better to use one of the SEO plugins instead or actually, doing both the code add and the plugin?

what code?
uau! thanks for the quick reply!

By "code" I meant adding the html code provided by my hosting SEO to the headerinclude template (thanks for that)...

I just found the template but it does not have the <head> and </head> tags... can I put the seo html code in the template?

Tks!!!

How is anyone supposed to answer that when they don't know what that code looks like?

Usually for seo the codes you add to your head has to be dynamic (for example my Google SEO plugin does dynamic meta description and canonical tags in the head).

and yes, the headerinclude does not contain <head></head> itself, it will be inserted among other tags in the head...
(2009-06-27, 10:01 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]

How is anyone supposed to answer that when they don't know what that code looks like?

Usually for seo the codes you add to your head has to be dynamic (for example my Google SEO plugin does dynamic meta description and canonical tags in the head).

and yes, the headerinclude does not contain <head></head> itself, it will be inserted among other tags in the head...

Ok. I wont bug you the actual code. I guess I just wanted to make sure that the lack of the <head> tags was expected...

tks for the explanations!