MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make members pay to access certain forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want this:

I want certain forums on my site to be protected.

If you have 100+ posts you can access the forum free, if you have less, you have to pay £1 a month

Possible?
Pirata Nervo make one plugin which allows only one member to view the forum.

[available at http://forums.consoleworld.net/ ]

Also nickman developed a plugin to restrict users to view forum until their post count reaches to the desired settings in the ACP.

[available at www.mybbsource.com ]
How do i combind both though.
You could use labrocca's MyIPN plugin, have the subscription last a month, and give the subscriber group access to the forum.
Dont get you
OK... you can use that plugin, have the subscription last for a month, charge £1 for it, and give access to the hidden forums to the group subscribers are added to. Then they subscribe, pay £1, get access to the forum, and then after a month, it expires, they lose access, and have to pay the £1 again.
I have to pay for plugin though :@
(2009-06-29, 06:27 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]I have to pay for plugin though :@

I love when people don't want to pay $5 for a plugin that generates income.
With the conversion rate, the plugin will be paid for after about 3 members.
Yeah, I do find it slightly odd how some people don't want to pay to get a plugin but expect to use it to get paid for things themselves... if you don't want to pay for it, would you members want to pay?? Undecided As KuJoe said, once 3 people subscribe, you would have made the money back.
Pages: 1 2