MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Oh No did I miss something? this is urgent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ..
I want to change the folder that mybb1.4 is in. Here is the deal. I am currently running an IPB board that I want to replace with the mybb. Currently the mybb board is in a folder...
http://www.thecurrentforum.com/forum

I want to move it directly into public_html and have it as the .com.

How or can I do this? The change is not on the global config as I know it in IPB where I would just change the address. That is all I wish to change not the DB it is using ..

Thank you.Smile
You need to change the Board URL and cookie path in the ACP, and then you can safely move the files.
(2009-06-27, 09:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change the Board URL and cookie path in the ACP, and then you can safely move the files.

In ACP of mybb? That's It? Wow a piece of cake that is..the forum will be down a while but it is worth it I will do that tomorrow.. Thank you! I can't wait to rid myself of IPB.. LOL...
Yep, simple as that Toungue Good luck with the conversion, let us know if you run into any difficulties or need some help Big Grin
(2009-06-27, 10:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, simple as that Toungue Good luck with the conversion, let us know if you run into any difficulties or need some help Big Grin

Thank you so very much..! Okay.. so.. I changed everything and will just move the folders out of the existing /forum folder directly to public_html..right?
Yep, you may need to clear your browser's cookies to make sure they update in your browser but apart from that, that should be it.