MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index provides blank white screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After installation of my forum, I decided to check to ensure that everything was working fine.
The ACP is working normally, but whenever I leave to go to the index I get nothing but a blank white screen.

At first it was giving me a 403 error message saying:
"Please make sure you have the index.html file in your root directory.
So I went and did that but then it started giving me the blank white screen issue.

Is there something that I need to do that I didn't do before?
Or do I just need to delete something not needed?

Here is the link to my site:

http://tloag.uuuq.com/
You need to delete the index.html, then it should work.
Hmmm, I just now tried that and am getting another 403 error saying:
"The address you entered is not open to the public".
You'll need to ask your host then, you can't put an index.html there because it'll be loaded before the MyBB index.php, which isn't good.
Alright, I'll go ask right now.
Thanks for the help though guys.
EDIT: I just spoke with him and he said that they disable directory listing so without an index it will display a 403 Forbidden error.

What should I do now?
Well you can set up a redirect. Either by putting it in the index.html or .htaccess.

Edit: when I try and go to http://tloag.uuuq.com/index.php it doesn't exist it seems. Did you upload it?
Yeah, I made sure of that.

The ACP still works normally.

Now it's starting to show the index as a white screen again.
There is still an HTML file in your root. PM me your FTP details and I'll take a look.
Okay, I PM'd you the details.
(2009-06-29, 01:49 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]There is still an HTML file in your root. PM me your FTP details and I'll take a look.

We know, his host won't allow access to the directory without one. That's why I tried accessing the index.php by typing it directly. But, like I said it doesn't even load like it should.

Is the forum installed in the public_html/www folders or is it in like a /forum?
Pages: 1 2