MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is MyBB a Heavy Forum Application?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I Was using other Forum Apps like SMF or phpBB and vBulletin, and I want to know if MyBB is a Heavy web app, than the other free forums.

In my opinion MyBB is more light than phpBB but more heavy than smf, and obviouslly vBulletin is mooore heavy but the reasons are others cause vB is more than a forum app.

So I appreciate other opinions Wink

Regards.
Do you mean as load on the server or feature wise?

Feature wise it's better than phpbb, about equal to smf, and has the best of vB Toungue.
Mybb has more features than SMF. I would say it's top heavy if only because it's extensive. However Mybb has done it's best at making sure code is optimal. It's still nowhere near as bad as VB though.
@NetSage, About Load Server, Memory Usage and Queries, well, PhpBB is really light, but dont have all the features that MyBB has and same thing on SMF.

@labrocca, thanks....
Overall I would rate phpBB higher than MyBB in terms of speed due to it's ridiculously excessive caching system.

However, I very much prefer MyBB as it's somewhat the "in-between" of the numerous extremes.
MyBB IMO comes out top in Speed/Features ratio.
SMF is heavier than mybb in my opinion. A lot... at least that´s my personal experience with mybb 1.2x and smf 1.1x - to be honest, the crucial reason to use merge system to mybb was 'CPU Loading'

I don´t know how it´s going with 1.4x vs 2.x RC now
Any software with more features, is going to be heavier. This is fact.

However, I give props to the MyBB Team, they handle Features vs. Server Load very well, and code everything with optimization already in mind.
(2009-06-30, 09:40 AM)Eldaley Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried MyBB, the 1.3 version and the beta 1.4 version with admin access, and I still prefer phpBB3. I agree, MyBB is really good, and does have more out of the box features than phpBB, and the plugin system on it rocks, which makes installing plugins a breeze. I also like the little bonus features of MyBB, like the ratings system. I've tried them both, and phpBB just beats MyBB for my needs a anyway, although MyBB looks very promising and looks like it will do great.

Well, the best Forum App is the one that adapts to your needs, so if you think PhpBB is the better for you it is. But MyBB have a great features, better code programming (more clean), and great features (like this community) better than phpBB.
I think, PunBB is speed fastest. But, feature is basic.
PHPBB popular for beginner, and I heard security is bad
SMF fully feature built from communities, hard coding, and extensive hard to modify
VB is Profesional one, but heavy load and NOT FREE (dont use pirate) Smile
But, regarding speed, feature, optimal code, MyBB is between, offer balance of speed and feature. Well, go get MyBB

see my sig.