MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing myBB with old database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey, i have just shift from one server to another server and i wanna just back my old database... i tried installing myBB with the same prefix but it came out a newly installed forum without my old posts and stuff... how can i make the old post, members appear?
You could export your database in phpMyAdmin and re-import it into your new database, and then reinstall it Smile
Are both mybbs on your old and new server the same version?
no, i just backed up the database... and erm, they ain't... old server is using the version that was updated in november... new server using the lastest one...
What you could do is restore the backup, then change the inc/config.php and inc/settings.php files to access the right DB with the right pathway.

From there you could run the upgrade.
erm but i don't have the old files... i just reformated my PC.....
gusto5 Wrote:What you could do is restore the backup, then change the inc/config.php and inc/settings.php files to access the right DB with the right pathway.

From there you could run the upgrade.

those are the files in the new stuff Smile

those dont change from version to version.
ok i am confused.... how do i reinstall?
hey there

to reinstall, get the new version! upload it as ur uploading for the first time, and run the install file!!.

make sure to backup your site before that.

regards
spicyjoe Wrote:ok i am confused.... how do i reinstall?

ok. do the following. you are NOT reinstalling, you are upgrading Smile

1. Upload the NEW 1.00 files onto your server in the right directory (which is wherever)

2. Download the two attached files, modify them to match your configuration (meaning point it back at the right database, and correct URL path, and a whole bunch of minor details that have [email protected] and such)

3. Upload these files to ./inc/

4. Then go run the domain.com/forum/install/upgrade.php

PLEASE do not release your SQL information for security purposes. I know the settings files says "DO NOT EDIT" all over, but this should solve your problem Smile

B.1. If you cant seem to modify the settings correctly, i can help you with that. But the SQL configs you should know the information from last install Smile
Pages: 1 2