MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People in UK - Check your 20ps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Royal Mint cocked up, ~200,000 of the new 20p coins have no date, and if you send it back, you'll get £50... coins like this are extremely rare so their value increases massively. Or, you could keep it, and it'll be worth a hell of a lot more in a couple of years.

http://www.undated20p.com/
Wow. I'll be sure to be looking at my change more often!
oh my, I got those coins but I am in Philippines right now.
Woah that's a great way to get rich quick. Imagine if you had a thousand of those!
They somehow managed to use the back from the old style coins, and the front from the new style coins. With the old ones, the year was on the front, but it's on the back with the new ones, so because they're using the back from the old coins with no date, the coins are dateless. How did they manage that?? Toungue
The think the official UK unemployment number just went up by one...

Shy
Hmm I'll be checking my change from now on Toungue
(2009-06-29, 02:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]They somehow managed to use the back from the old style coins, and the front from the new style coins. With the old ones, the year was on the front, but it's on the back with the new ones, so because they're using the back from the old coins with no date, the coins are dateless. How did they manage that?? Toungue

Sounds like a machine bug.Big Grin Anyway, if a 20p-coin is worth £50 now, then it will definitely be worth a fortune in the future. The coin pricing mentioned here or here is incredible but true.

I have a good collection of old coins and banknotes but I've never thought of finding how much they are worth. I'd rather keep the wishful thinking of their imaginary value than get disillusioned by a few quids.Undecided

What amazes me is that rare coins are priceless while rare human beings (who also have fronts and backs, and, in some case, are 'dateless'--without a determined birth date) do not get 'priced' in the same way.Huh