MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyright?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is the main theme here copyrighted?
A member on my forum recreated the theme here, without copying any images.
He used the hexcode to recreate gradients and the image in the background is licensed under CC, I believe.
So far, he hasn't used any of the images found here.
So is it ok for him to continue on?
I have locked the thread for now.
Please reply, thanks.
Screenshot of recreation:
[attachment=14517]
MyBBChina.net seems to have an exact copy of the same design here. It's listed in this thread, so most likely the team knows about it, perhaps they even asked them or whatever.

Now as for your question you'll have to wait for a team response.
I'd actually like to have a look at that theme to take some codes Rolleyes
Ok, I'll wait for a staff response.
Hm, the header can be use with credits and link only: http://www.stuckincustoms.com/2008/08/09...onal-park/
Dunno if there's really much to be copyrighted. It's just the default MyBB design with a fixed container and a jazzed up header.

:/
adn the header image is famfamfam right?
nevermind its stuck in customs..
But, damn they even copied the whole header almost to the detail.
they are good....
What are you all getting so impressed about? This is nothing remarkable at all ...

That being said, while I can't answer if the design is copyrighted -- it likely is, though ... you can't just trace a drawing and claim it isn't copyright infringement! -- it's certainly in bad taste, and I can't imagine a legitimate reason for doing this.
(2009-06-30, 05:47 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]they are good....

ctrl + c Rolleyes

As Bey Brad said I don't see the point of this. I would rather have my website in an unique style I like. If it's not for scamming that is Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2