MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4.8 installation problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Just uploaded the folder to forum/Upload

Made the CHMOD adjustments as outlined in the docs entered the url and got
"MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it."

Any help is appreciated
Error says what it says, you have to actually install the forum, not just upload the files.... you should read the Documentation that came with MyBB, and this: [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2009-06-29, 10:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Error says what it says, you have to actually install the forum, not just upload the files.... you should read the Documentation that came with MyBB, and this: [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I have followed the instructions in the docs ie.
Installation Instructions
Quick and easy steps to get you up and running
These steps are by no means exhaustive or as detailed as possible. If you require more detailed installation instructions, please see MyBB Wiki - Installing.

1.Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (WinZip, WinRAR)
2.Using an FTP client (FlashFXP, FileZilla, SmartFTP), or a file manager provided with your hosting package, upload the entire contents of the 'Upload' directory to a visible directory on your web server (for example, forum or forums).
3.CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)
4.In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/ on to the end of it.

when I get to step 4 i still get the error message. My host (one.com) say they are using MySql 5.

Have I missed something?
It's ok - I got it sorted - thanks.
Di you put the word /install after your url?
lol go to:

www.yoursitename.com/install

and go though the option windows Toungue
If you read the last part of his post, seems it's already sorted.