MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm trying to change my admincp's location from ./admin to something like ./toaster but I tried a simple renaming and got this error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/domain.info/bb/admin/inc/class_page.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/domain.info/bb/toaster/index.php on line 31

My problem is that I'll have members that are used to MyBB and I don't want any of them getting into my control panel.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44977.html
'
you using that?
if not you should
2 things need to be changed in the ./inc/config.php:

$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin'; (change it to the renamed one)

&

$config['hide_admin_links'] = 0; (set this value to 1)

Cheers

Edit: Sorry, TOm, you were quicker than me to post. I didn't notice it.
(2009-06-30, 06:04 AM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]2 things need to be changed in the ./inc/config.php:

$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin'; (change it to the renamed one)

&

$config['hide_admin_links'] = 0; (set this value to 1)

Do you still need to hide the admin link since a password is required before gaining access to admin cp?
You don't have to hide it, but it makes sense I guess... there's no point in changing the name of the admin directory, if someone gets access to your admin account and can just click the link to the ACP from the welcomeblock on the forums.
Yah, but even if they gain access to admin account, they still have to put in password, right?
Well, yeah, but if they have your admin details they can just login to the ACP as normal... so if you hide the ACP link, they can't get to it...
Yeah, I guess if they got into your admin account they would know what your pw is anyway.

A little inconvenient, but a good idea.
It's also a good idea to make another account with a different password and email, and give it admin permissions without giving it the admin usergroup, so people don't think it's an admin.

That way if someone gains access over your other account, you can still have admin access to your forum. Smile
(2009-06-30, 07:31 PM)Chase Wrote: [ -> ]It's also a good idea to make another account with a different password and email, and give it admin permissions without giving it the admin usergroup, so people don't think it's an admin.

That way if someone gains access over your other account, you can still have admin access to your forum. Smile

Someone told me that yesterday... =/ I can't remember who though... but they got it from Matt Wink

Thanks guys

EDIT: Farlyq said it Wink Thanks
Pages: 1 2