MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade script ran without all changed files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of my co-admins did his first upgrade past week but only today I found out that, because we're using a custom admin folder, the admin folder didn't have the latest files of 1.4.8 when the upgrade.php script ran (because he uploaded the complete 'admin' folder instead of uploading those files into 'our_custom_admin_folder'). Today I uploaded all the new admin files into the correct folder so that's done.

What steps should I take to make sure that the upgrade has in fact been succesful? Does the upgrade.php script need to be run again? Or will that possibly break something?

Many thanks in advance.
First of all you shouldn't let someone, who doesn't know how to upload do it and second all he had to do is upload the 1.4.8 files and run the upgrade script, so just run the upgrade.php again.
No, you don't need to run it again. Everything for upgrading is contained in the ./install/ folder, so you can just upload the admin files where they should be.
He said he uploaded everything.
Then there's no problem?
The other admin couldn't of run the upgrade script the first time, if he just said he didn't upload the changed files, so it couldn't run.
The OP said that the upgrade script was run successfully, but the admin files weren't updated. You then said to upgrade again which isn't necessary, they just needed to upload the changed admin files, which zoog did, which is fine. Why can't it run without the changed admin files?? Undecided As I said, everything for the upgrade is contained in the ./install/ folder, the script itself will run just fine whether all the other changed files are uploaded or not.
I didn't see that admin files thing he said, i read it wrong.
(2009-07-01, 10:55 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, you don't need to run it again. Everything for upgrading is contained in the ./install/ folder, so you can just upload the admin files where they should be.
Thank Matt. I uploaded the admin files so everything should be good now Smile

(2009-07-01, 11:29 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]The other admin couldn't of run the upgrade script the first time, if he just said he didn't upload the changed files, so it couldn't run.

He did upload the changed files, but he didn't upload the changed files of the admin folder:

"today I found out that, because we're using a custom admin folder, the admin folder didn't have the latest files of 1.4.8 when the upgrade.php script ran "

EDIT: you guys were faster Smile
Ya, i know that now, i read it wrong.
Pages: 1 2