MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help In Upgrading ASAP 1.4.6 - 1.4.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i dont know how to do this the correct way but once i do upgrade and be successful in it i will know what to do from now on but in order to accomplish this i need someone to help me thru this process for the first time i have read that this version is hackable and need to upgrade quickly to avoid that from happening can anyone help me in this thanks

calvin
Just read and follow this and you should be fine http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading
Backup your database, download the full 1.4.8 package, make a note of any file edits you've made if there are any, overwrite all your files except from ./inc/settings.php, then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php, choose 1.4.6 from the list, and run through the wizard.
(2009-07-01, 02:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Backup your database, download the full 1.4.8 package, make a note of any file edits you've made if there are any, overwrite all your files except from ./inc/settings.php, then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php, choose 1.4.6 from the list, and run through the wizard.

matt im running into a issue here i uploaded the files to chainsawpartslists.com/forum but when i go and click on upgrade url it says Welcome to the upgrade wizard for MyBB 1.4.6.

Before you continue, please make sure you know which version of MyBB you were previously running as you will need to select it below.

We strongly recommend that you also obtain a complete backup of your database and files before attempting to upgrade so if something goes wrong you can easily revert back to the previous version. Also, ensure that your backups are complete before proceeding.

Make sure you only click Next ONCE on each step of the upgrade process. Pages may take a while to load depending on the size of your forum.

Once you are ready, please select your old version below and click Next to continue.

is there a certain path i need to move this too ? i am not very program expert so i dont know what root folder means etc,
looks like i need to find out the exact path to upload this files too is what i need help with
What do you mean by 'a certain path i need to move this too'...?? Move what to?? You need to make the new files overwrite your current files. Seems like you haven't uploaded all of the files though, it should say 1.4.8 on the welcome screen, not 1.4.6.
(2009-07-01, 03:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by 'a certain path i need to move this too'...?? Move what to?? You need to make the new files overwrite your current files. Seems like you haven't uploaded all of the files though, it should say 1.4.8 on the welcome screen, not 1.4.6.

what i am trying to ask is where is the root directory located at is it chainsawpartslists.com/forum folder or is it somewhere else on the server ?
The root folder is where index.php, member.php, online.php etc is, but you don't move anything there, you just overwrite all your current files with the ones from the download package...
(2009-07-01, 03:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The root folder is where index.php, member.php, online.php etc is, but you don't move anything there, you just overwrite all your current files with the ones from the download package...

would you be able to upgrade this for me ?
OK, PM me FTP and ACP login details... can you explain which bit it is you're not sure about though?? You just need to upload the files over your current ones... Undecided
Yeah, you just haven't overwritten your current files, you've uploaded the new ones to new directories, not upload them over your current ones, which is what you needed to do... I've put the files where they need to be, now you can run the upgrade script...
Pages: 1 2