MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Regarding the plugin section here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I edited 6 of my plugins and when I reuploaded the packages I saw that they went back to the Moderation Queue. When they were approved before. My suggestion is, can that part be skipped? I mean when one edits his/her own already approved plugins, that they stay approved and not go through the Moderation Queue again? Thanks.
That's for security to prevent a possible infection of a file. They should be inspected first imho.
(2009-07-01, 08:21 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That's for security to prevent a possible infection of a file. They should be inspected first imho.

I understand that. But I meant when edits are made to the already approved plugins. And in this case were very minor edits. But I see the security reason behind it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
during that edit a virus or some kind of malware could accidentally or purposely put into the file...It may be inconvenient but, security above all IMO.
What's crossed my mind is to have the older version still available for download, with a message saying a new version is awaiting validation... then at least people can still download it, instead of it being totally unavailable... I'm not sure how feasible that idea is though.
(2009-07-01, 09:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's crossed my mind is to have the older version still available for download, with a message saying a new version is awaiting validation... then at least people can still download it, instead of it being totally unavailable... I'm not sure how feasible that idea is though.

This would be a very nice option to add.