MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cache Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
* URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
* New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
* Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)
* Screenshot or error text, verbatim

*Sometimes when a new post is posted or an option related to forum is changed I have to hard refresh to view those changes. I have to do that around 10-30 times.
*http://thelinuxforums.co.cc/
*This forum is a new installation.
*This problem happens with all accounts.
*Uploading Screenshot at the moment.

How can I fix this?
Have you tried turning on the no cache headers setting in the server and optimization settings??
(2009-07-01, 10:11 PM)xavierp94 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I fix this?

I tried to register in your forum to check this but your forum doesn't send activation email.
(2009-07-01, 10:20 PM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-01, 10:11 PM)xavierp94 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I fix this?

I tried to register in your forum to check this but your forum doesn't send activation email.
I activated your account.
(2009-07-01, 10:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried turning on the no cache headers setting in the server and optimization settings??

How do you do that?
ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimizations settings > Turn the no cache headers setting on....
(2009-07-01, 10:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimizations settings > Turn the no cache headers setting on....
Seems to be working. If thats the cause why does MyBBGroup enable it by default?
Well, I can't remember anyone else having such a severe caching problem as you have, usually having things cached means they can load faster in the future... if it was just one person having the problem you described, I'd have thought it was a browser issue, but if it happens to everyone... don't really know what could cause it.
Tested posting and it works without any problem.