MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How close can myBB do this site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like a lot of things about this website:
http://www.milescity.com/

particularly this clean, uncluttered look. Can I get myBB to a similar look?

(I'm trying to decide which forum software to use.)

TIA,
birchy
Im sure with some template editing you could.
that site is insanely ugly
I personally thought that the forums were to crammed with topics.
(2009-07-02, 06:36 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Im sure with some template editing you could.

One of the features that I want, is the table of most recent posts/replies, regardless of subforum. If the database structure isn't too "funky", though, I could probably hand code the main index page, right?

Another important need is to filter users into "worlds". That is, forum A would have 5 subforms, B would the same five subforms, but a user could only interact with one forum, the topmost level (above A and B) not normally visible.

For example, suppose a user was in a German genealogy research forum, with 5 subforms, another user was in a Polish genealogy research forum, with the same types of 5 subforms. I would like each of these two forums "appear" to be the top level (with an option to "switch").
Pretty sure this is all default functionality?
(2009-07-02, 07:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure this is all default functionality?

Can I disallow avatars, signatures?
Is there a list of the config options online?
There is a way to remove them, yes. As for a list of options, not really, but you could install a copy on your localhost...
OK, I'm gonna give it a go, installing....
I think your idea same with me.
Thats why, I built myself forum like that portal.
Main Index is fully expanded topic, taken from most (favorites) forum.

see this style for main index
and the real forum as secondary here

Damn, and my visitor like those style. they said, its different than any other classic forum style. They (my members) said, "It's boring to join and open forum sites, with 2-3 times click and load, and going back to index if want to go another forum (topic)".

We offer different portal like. And make a polls to visitor, which forum they like. And the I set it at frontpage (main index) expanded.

Yeah, it's difficult to make template modification. But, please find out and explore this MyBB forum, you'll found what you looking for Smile
Pages: 1 2