MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: activation email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
activation mail are send blank.

php and sendmail correctly setupped on my machine (mail function in a simple php page work well).

I see that this bug is reported fixed in final 1.00, upgraded yesterday but still not solved.
? so this is normal? i have a board that send 40% of activation mail and the other 60% are send blank... people cannot register and this is quite unuseful...
Are the emails that are blank random or is there a clear pattern?
blank, the strange things is that if they request activation for 3-4 times, sometime the mail is send correctly...
Sorry to continue to annoy with this post, but right now i receive 5 email evry day saying that they cannot activate their account... so for now the forum is quite useless (or i have to activate manually the people)
rama Wrote:or i have to activate manually the people)

there is an option in admin cp > board settings > change > user registration that specify the way of activation, there are 2 different ways of activation, 1 is by u, the other is automaticly.

regards

edit sorry: the other options are Send random password, and auto activation(no need for activation).
I get three options in the ACP tab:
- Instant activation
- Send email verification
- Send random password
Manual activation must be a mod because it's not there in the initial release(?).

Can
the problem is not actually, have user that auto-activate.
I don't like forum without confirmation email or something like that, people can subscribe with fake email and so on.

the problem is why the mail are send blank? can this be fixed soon? anyway, we will see..for the usage of the board, auto activation is not an option, but also reply by hand at people saying "hey i receive blank email, your forum sucks" is not so nice as well ...
that is odd. Im not having problems with emails.
canadian Wrote:Manual activation must be a mod because it's not there in the initial release(?).

You can activate anyuser waitting activation from the admin cp, by editing his account and moving him to the registred group.

regards
Pages: 1 2