MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turning off MSN, AIM, ICQ and email on new post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Ive just deployed MyBB and its looking very good! Big Grin Just a few quick Q's..

In a users "edit profile" page they are given an option to update their MSN Yahoo and AIM IM addresses... is it possible to turn that box off?

Also.. is there an extension or something which will email me whenever a thread or post is made to the forum?

Many Thanks for any help! Big Grin
You can remove the code from the usercp_profile template. As for emails, you can subscribe to a forum to get emails new threads in that forum, but you can't get emails on new posts unless you're subscribed to that actual thread.
(2009-07-02, 04:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the code from the usercp_profile template. As for emails, you can subscribe to a forum to get emails new threads in that forum, but you can't get emails on new posts unless you're subscribed to that actual thread.

Oh righty thanks for that Smile

Shame about the no auto subscription for posts.. It would make moderating easier to have posts emailed rather than checking the forum. I dont really want to turn moderation on as I think that might slow down the "flow" of the discussion.

Perhaps there might be an extension to do the job
Ive just removed everything relating to IM in usercp_profile but the box still appears?

Is there a guide or anything with the exact lines which draw this box in?

Its a shame its not an option is ACP Huh