MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iMagine Template - My First Template!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please view screenshot before commenting: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7302/...hot8gk.jpg
This is my first template I have ever made, and so far it looks nice. I have included everything in the zip file. Please post your comments here.

Thank you and enjoy,
Shock260.

P.S. Because I didn't have photoshop to make a gradiant, EDDIE : www.louhabs.com/eddie/ made me the title bar Background, and I made the rest of the images, so thank you Eddie.

edit: I could not make a lot of images because I have not got Photoshop on my computer yet, but iMagine 2 when it comes out should be good.

edit 2: anyone know how to change the footer, so when iMagine 2 comes out, I can say: Template made by Shock260?
Sorry to say, That is very bad.
I mean really, sheesh.
Too eye hurting, IMO.
I don't wanna hurt u but i have 2 tell da truth.
That's terrible
Dont be so hard on him!!!! It was his first try!~
ou really, REALLY didnt have to use the word "horrible"
and youre acting like a n00b. (the second person who posted) Dont you know how to type regularly? o_O;;
like me Maybe? I dont use the number "2" for the word "Two"or "U" for the word "you"
if youre going to comment, at least have good grammar...o_O;;

For your first try, its pretty good ^.^
Its really hard making templates, since you have to get everything perfect, so the text isnt the same as the background or anything.
xD I suck at them too, and yours are better than mine~
Come on guys, I would like to see your first ever web design Marc and Kurtay. I'm sure it wasnt much better than that, i know mine wasnt. Rather than simply stating that its bad how about giving someone new to the design world some help?

Shock, for a first attempt its not bad. However, here is how it could be improved:

1. Color choices are a bit bold and bright.The contrast between the two colors and the fact that you have them on a white background makes this stand out even more.

2. The logo does not fit the theme very well, its not that bad a logo though Smile

Thats pretty much all thats wrong with it.

Also i find bright "retro" colors really hard to work with and i have been web designing for 5 years now. Try starting off with easier colors to work with such as whites, light greys and different shades of blue.

I hope this helps.

Also to add your copyright at the bottom.

Find in the template "footer"
<strong><a href="http://www.mybboard.com" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a></strong><br />
Add after this "Template made by Shock260"

If this is your first attempt, then it isn't all too bad but you should probably finish the theme first, it seems as if you decided to theme some aspects of the forum and then left it un finished.

The colors. Ouch. When someone comes to your website, you want them to stay and have a pleasent stay. People won't want to read your forums or stay there for a long time if it hurts their eyes Wink

What Darren said about the position of the "Template by ..." part is correct. Just to give you more detail, Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> Expand the template you're working on -> Edit the Footer
It's not bad. Looks like something you'd see for a LimeWire forum. And Marc, that link doesn't work.
Shock260 Wrote:edit: I could not make a lot of images because I have not got Photoshop on my computer yet, but iMagine 2 when it comes out should be good.

Sorry to say this but, it's not that when you have Photoshop, you're suddenly going to make awesome graphics. It takes years (at least months) before someone can make decent stuff with Photoshop...
Pages: 1 2