MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why did you changed to .net domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I was checking zaher's Admin CP demo, and I noticed links were using .com domain. I thought you just bought .com to redirect to the .net domain, but you used it right? As in the files it's probably coded as mybboard.com.

Why? Toungue
Because they're not a commercial entity, so .com wasn't a fitting TLD.
I believe MyBB has always been a .net, and obtained the .com at a later time and redirected.
Install a 1.2.1 board, every link is written as mybboard.com.
There's no free MyBB 1.2 hosting right now, so I can't create one..
(2009-07-03, 09:35 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Install a 1.2.1 board, every link is written as mybboard.com.
There's no free MyBB 1.2 hosting right now, so I can't create one..

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versions

You can download it though Toungue.
The easiest way to see is just look at install/resources/mybb_theme.xml's fotter template and check where the copyright links to. Indeed it does link to mybboard.com.
It's not that big of a deal.
(2009-07-02, 09:18 PM)compwhizii Wrote: [ -> ]Because they're not a commercial entity, so .com wasn't a fitting TLD.
MyBB isn't a network either, now is it? Sleepy
(2009-07-03, 09:02 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-02, 09:18 PM)compwhizii Wrote: [ -> ]Because they're not a commercial entity, so .com wasn't a fitting TLD.

dot.org is taken? mybb use it!
(2009-07-03, 09:02 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]

Quote:an interconnected system of things or people

Umm I believe mybb is a network Big Grin.
Pages: 1 2