MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting Freak?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-07-03, 07:03 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really mind what the user titles are as long as they are not completely inapropriate.

Errr don't join my sites Big Grin
(2009-07-03, 12:59 PM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-03, 12:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I find irony in someone owning a site called "MyBB for Dummies" finding "Posting Freak" potentially offensive.

Where does the irony lie exactly? I only launched the site to help many a desperate member who posted threads in this forum, like this one: Installation Guide For an Idiot? To my knowledge, the word “dummy” has become a familiar term for those who have no idea whatsoever about a particular subject. Although I was encouraged, by many members in this forum to launch such a site under that name (MyBB For Dummies!), I’ll suspend that site immediately, if you or any other member think the word is offensive.

Well, some will be offended by Posting Freak, others will be offended by MyBB For Dummies. Can't really argue with Brad there.
Yeah ... I'm certainly not offended by it, but I never found that series' appealing, either.
My point is you worry too much about oversensitive people.
well my only g-rated ones are... i don't have them. its because my sites are communities more then forums. more about a family than a site.
(2009-07-03, 09:38 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, some will be offended by Posting Freak, others will be offended by MyBB For Dummies. Can't really argue with Brad there.

(2009-07-04, 01:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah ... I'm certainly not offended by it, but I never found that series' appealing, either.
My point is you worry too much about oversensitive people.

The slightest doubt about the name of my forum, is enough to make me close it. I already closed it and also removed it from my signature. I respect all opinions.

Regards
(2009-07-05, 12:00 AM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]The slightest doubt about the name of my forum, is enough to make me close it. I already closed it and also removed it from my signature. I respect all opinions.

Regards

That's an incredibly childish thing to do. In this world, someone will always disagree with you. If you abandon everything someone criticizes, you will never accomplish anything.
(2009-07-05, 12:00 AM)maatty Wrote: [ -> ]The slightest doubt about the name of my forum, is enough to make me close it. I already closed it and also removed it from my signature. I respect all opinions.

Regards

OMG OMG OMG OMG YOUR FACEBOOKY SITE VIOLATES THE FACEBOOK TRADEMARK!

Seriously, you don't have to close your site just because someone is offended by something as insignificant as a site called mybb for dummies.
The "for dummies" series of books has become very widely known as a good way to get to know about the topic. Good work for you on snatching up the domain name and idea and getting it out there. Who cares if a few people are offended.

I demand you open it back up, or I'll be offended that you don't think MyBB is good enough to have a forum about it. Toungue
Just to clarify, I wasn't offended at all by the name ...

What a mess.
Posting Weenie :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4