MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning: require_once(./inc/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this message when I go to my forums and have no clue what it means..

Quote:Warning: require_once(./inc/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/worddorg/public_html/forum/Upload/global.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/worddorg/public_html/forum/Upload/global.php on line 13
Are you trying to install? Why is global.php inside forum/Upload/?
nope, a few years ago I uploaded the Upload folder along with everything else so my forum has always been at wordgetsaround.org/forum/Upload/index.php

but I'm getting that message and dont have a clue!
Have you made sure the file exists and is chmodded correctly?
Try CHMOD'ing global.php to 644.
I deleted the /inc/ folder with the /install/ one im guessing.. i re-uped it and and it now says

Quote:MyBB Internal Error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Sounds like you deleted config.php in your inc folder. You will need to recreate it.
its causing me too many problems and another table issue has come up now after doing that..

i have all my old files from my 1.2 and also the backup i made that i had working fine until 2 weeks ago.. is there anyway i can reinstall 1.2 and use the backup?!
I have figured out why this happens. You unzipped into the directory on your local computer then in Dreamweaver you moved the files to the root (from the Upload directory) and Dreamweaver updated the links. This was the problem for me at least.