MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: importing old database?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I've installed a forum.. then I dropped all the tables in phpMyAdmin and imported my backup... but nothing has changed?! what do I do?!
What exactly were you expecting to change?
I thought it'd import my posts and members etc
If you did a backup of the whole DB, it should import members and posts...

Are you sure you backed up the whole DB?
I did a backup database in my ACP
I also still have all the databases I've ever created on my server.. is there anyway to revive my posts/members/etc from any of this?
Try make a backup of your old forum via phpmyadmin. (Open the DB in phpmyadmin, and click the export tab).

Then try import that.
That didn't work... nothing changed what do I do please?!
Well how 'didn't it work'?? That is what you have to do. If it isn't working, you're doing something wrong but you're not being very specific about how it 'isn't working'. Is your ./inc/config.php pointing to the database??
Are you importing into the correct database?
And are you sure the backup completed properly?
I notice if you try to "download" it, it times out much easier.

So I back it up on the server's backup directory, in plain text format, and wait for MyBB page to say it's complete.
If it blanks out, it may have timed out.
If that's the case try breaking them apart, by doing posts, users, threads etc separately.

You also have to wonder if it's timing out when you're trying to attach the backups to your new database.

Use BigDump if it's timing out as well:
http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php