MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to monitor mysql uptime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello All,

I've been having several mysql problems with my hosting company and I am trying to find a way to monitor and log the failures continuously...

Does anybody have any suggestion?

(sorry if this is not the correct place to post this)

Tks in advance!
My suggestion would be that if you've had 'several mysql problems', I'd confront them about it, or just change hosts. Monitoring the uptime won't do anything for you, if it keeps going down, your site will still go down, you need to find a way to stop it, i.e. talk to your host, or change, not just monitor it. I mean if my phoneline was always going down, I wouldn't monitor how often it's down, I'd just contact BT and get them to fix it. If you're having continuous problems, something clearly isn't right, so you should go straight to the provider.
I can provide either free hosting or a place to host your database if you want.
Thanks to all for the answers.

(2009-07-03, 01:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion would be that if you've had 'several mysql problems', I'd confront them about it, or just change hosts.

Matt, I would would like to monitor and log to have legal and clear basis for a contract cancelation. The contract is not clear about the SLAs and I would like to show a report on how many times the service went down. This might also help me if I decide to turn the table and sue them...

Anyway, I already have tickets raised for a few days... lets see what happens.

(2009-07-03, 03:37 PM)Schmarvin Wrote: [ -> ]I can provide either free hosting or a place to host your database if you want.

Thanks a lot Schmarvin... my forum will be geographycally targeted at Brazil. The same for 100% of its user base so I would preffer to stick to a local hosting ok?

Thansk to all.
(2009-07-03, 06:54 PM)rosado Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-03, 01:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion would be that if you've had 'several mysql problems', I'd confront them about it, or just change hosts.

Matt, I would would like to monitor and log to have legal and clear basis for a contract cancelation. The contract is not clear about the SLAs and I would like to show a report on how many times the service went down. This might also help me if I decide to turn the table and sue them...

Ahh yes, that makes sense, didn't think of that. Good luck with it, I hope it gets sorted out soon Smile