MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation mail never arrives?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hello,
I installed mybb successfully, I put my whole folder CHOMD 777 then it worked
now, the activation email for new members doesn't work!
either, any mail sent my forum never arrives!
need help for this email issus Big Grin

I would be very thankful for the help, and I am not sure if I can let my whole folder containing mybb forum with CHMOD 777, please can you tell me what folders/Files I should change to what
thank you
Don't CHMOD everything to 777, that's a security risk and totally unnecessary. Files should be 644, folders should be 755, a few need something different, see here for what they are: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

And for the mail, run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
ok the CHMOD are OK now, and I tested the php send mail script, it gave me "Mail was sent by PHP"
but my friends still didn't get any activation mail, even I tried to register with my other email, I didn't get activation email, either
what could be the problem? because I tested phpbb forums and I have the same problem

and I tried the "Webhost restrictions" but I could not find the "mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);" in inc/functions.php

I would be thankful for the help
(2009-07-03, 01:38 PM)Torrent_spy Wrote: [ -> ]I tested the php send mail script, it gave me "Mail was sent by PHP"
but my friends still didn't get any activation mail, even I tried to register with my other email, I didn't get activation email, either

Not to hijack your thread, but I have been having these problems too. Because there was no fix (or at least nobody who read it could think of any) I simply disabled the email activation all together. But I'm interested in what is causing this, I'll keep an eye on this thread.
You need to contact your hosts to see if they have any restrictions on mailing. Otherwise you can also set up smtp mailing using your host's mail server.
(2009-07-03, 02:42 PM)zoog Wrote: [ -> ]Not to hijack your thread, but I have been having these problems too. Because there was no fix (or at least nobody who read it could think of any) I simply disabled the email activation all together. But I'm interested in what is causing this, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

well, if you disabled the email send at all, I think the "Forgot password" is not disabled and the forum sends a reminder mail to the user's email, this may doesn't work then, I already sent my support ticket to my host with this isuss, and I will reply this treat with more information as my host replies me
thank you
hello again,
well I contaced my host, they asked to them administrator login data, and I did, they have changed my configurations to SMTP and put in some data, but still ya still no emails are sent by forum(board), I really have no idea! I tested it.
see the attached picture, I checked my email inbox and junk, no email there.

quik edit : could be the problem from CHMOD permissions?
i've this problem too after i've update my board to 1.4.8.
no more mail send by the forum...the script into mybbviki work perfectly;isn't a hosting problem.
Any ideas?
I'm not getting activation emails either.
(2009-07-06, 03:34 PM)microcip Wrote: [ -> ]i've this problem too after i've update my board to 1.4.8.
no more mail send by the forum...the script into mybbviki work perfectly;isn't a hosting problem.
Any ideas?

I did that too, and the host didn't really know what to do, they told me to use SMTP which didn't work after I gave my host administrator login and they put the correct SMTP data!

(2009-07-06, 03:49 PM)farleyq Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not getting activation emails either.

I thought I am alone with this problem but seems it's not me alone!
hope this is fixed soon
Pages: 1 2 3 4