MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global.php error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting an odd global.php error appearing at the top of my site as well as the bottom. Firstly, this started when I transferred from my Alpha server to my Bravo server (didn't like using plesk). Okay, I re-uploaded the files and database to Bravo server. But, its just giving me the error. I didn't find much on it via the search. Maybe some help?

The error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/x-ind.com/public_html/board/global.php(312) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/x-ind.com/public_html/board/global.php(317) : eval()'d code on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/x-ind.com/public_html/board/global.php(325) : eval()'d code on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/x-ind.com/public_html/board/global.php(438) : eval()'d code on line 39

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/x-ind.com/public_html/board/global.php(500) : eval()'d code on line 6

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '-', expecting '}' in /home/admin/domains/x-ind.com/public_html/board/index.php(33) : eval()'d code on line 2

If you'd like to view the full page, check here: http://x-ind.com/board
Are you using an Afresh theme?? All of those errors are referencing a line of code that evals a template, and the specific templates are different from the default templates in the Afresh templates.

global.php:
312: header_welcomeblock_member_admin
317: header_welcomeblock_member_moderator
325: header_welcomeblock_member
438: header
500: footer

index.php:
33: index_logoutlink
Try to reupload a fresh global.php file and see if that would help.

Did you make any modification to the forum prior to the error?
(2009-07-03, 02:36 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using an Afresh theme?? All of those errors are referencing a line of code that evals a template, and the specific templates are different from the default templates in the Afresh templates.

global.php:
312: header_welcomeblock_member_admin
317: header_welcomeblock_member_moderator
325: header_welcomeblock_member
438: header
500: footer

index.php:
33: index_logoutlink

No, I don't like to use anyone elses' themes anymore.

(2009-07-03, 02:36 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Try to reupload a fresh global.php file and see if that would help.

Did you make any modification to the forum prior to the error?

New global.php file did nothing. And not that I know of, it was working before the move...why shouldn't it afterwards?
Look into the templates I listed then and try and see where a } might be missing, post them here if you need help spotting it.
Um...okay, odd. There was anything missing it was this that was after just about every link for mybb thingy. Here: &phpMyAdmin=PwRLIdZ6cJjfHiuJNjQ2iJGHrY0

That was embedded like this: mybb-&phpMyAdmin=PwRLIdZ6cJjfHiuJNjQ2iJGHrY0>
Make sure you delete all of those, they shouldn't be there... do a template search for phpMyAdmin to make sure they're all gone.
Well, I guess I can't use that template then. Because its in EVERY freakin template bit...

**edit: Nvm, even making a new theme/template set, it just inputs them...great...I can't use mybb.
(2009-07-03, 03:10 PM)Schmarvin Wrote: [ -> ]**edit: Nvm, even making a new theme/template set, it just inputs them...great...I can't use mybb.

Don't jump to conclusions so fast :| Something's putting that there, all we need to do is find out what, and remove it. How many template do you have that aren't default?? If it isn't many, or the changes are small, drop your _templates table, and import the one in the attached package.

[attachment=14595]
Hm, that worked, but not sure where I'm starting at now. Is it just the default templates?

**Edit: I think everything works, but I'm not sure at the moment. Could this topic be kept open and I'll ask my members to report any problems they find.
Pages: 1 2