MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user posts not showing in user cps, and 1 other problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya all, just having a couple of little problems with my forum after converting it from phpbb to mybb (using the merger).

The biggest problem is the user cp post counts... they are not working Sad I have tried using the recount tool in the admin cp for them and for the overall site statistics, but sadly it makes no difference. Does anyone know what might cause this kind of thing? It works fine on another forum I have, that one wasn't merged.

Also, the captcha image has disappeared, which is there on my other forum too... I hope there weren't too many problems after merging... the forum seems 99% working Smile

Thanks guys,

Elwave!
There was a bug to do with the postcounts... run this query in phpMyAdmin...

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

... and then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > and rebuild the forums cache. Then, recount and rebuild the post counts and statistics and all should be well.

As for the CAPTCHA, do you mean there's nothing showing at all where it should be, or there's a broken image??
(2009-07-03, 08:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There was a bug to do with the postcounts... run this query in phpMyAdmin...

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

... and then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > and rebuild the forums cache. Then, recount and rebuild the post counts and statistics and all should be well.

As for the CAPTCHA, do you mean there's nothing showing at all where it should be, or there's a broken image??

it actually errored on that query, saying " #1054 - Unknown column 'usepostcounts' in 'field list' "

are you sure that's right?

Also, it doesn't show the entire image verification section ._.
Yeah, it's the usepostcounts column in the forums table... check it for yourself, that's what it's called... query ran fine for me.

Where is it missing from?? Login page?? Registration page??
my bad! I think I was looking at the OLD database...

I'm gonna try to make this change... should the usepostcounts field now read default 1?
the captcha is missing from the registration page, and thanks for all the support man i didn't know how to approach this problem on my own! Smile
yes thank you so much it works!! So what was broken? It wasn't set to log the post counts on the forum table?

I'm so happy it works! ^_^
what do you think about the captcha though? is there something that might be set wrong for that too?
omg i feel like SUCH an idiot! It was set to off in the ACP!

I know why though, it's because I converted from phpbb i think, and some settings must have be skewed or something! that's all my problems fixed though! thanks muchly! ^_^

oh, tiny footnote, it's a little misleading that is says the captchas will also be applied for posting - it means just for if you allow GUEST posting doesn't it? It's great to see it working though!