MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: pm notification on forum/email don't work after upd.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the title,i've this problem.
This week i've update my board from 1.4.4 to 1.4.8 all works fine but the pm notificattion through the email dont work and also the notification on the top of the board is wrong:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/771/immaginehje.jpg
is it a template iusse?
Thank.
The screenshot is because your language pack has not been updated to 1.4.8, you'll need to manually fix it if the original author hasn't.

For emails, do any other emails send??
(2009-07-03, 08:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The screenshot is because your language pack has not been updated to 1.4.8, you'll need to manually fix it if the original author hasn't.
Right,my fault I don't remember that when i update the board i need also to update the language pack.
(2009-07-03, 08:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]For emails, do any other emails send??

just tested,yep all the emails are "down".
Are you using php mail or smtp email?
If you are using php mail try to upload a simple php script to your host and test it to see if php mail is still enabled, also make sure that your myBB admin email resides is on the same server as your site. Some servers do not allow php mail to be sent from other mail server addresses.

Yoshistr
(2009-07-04, 02:14 AM)Yoshistr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using php mail or smtp email?
If you are using php mail try to upload a simple php script to your host and test it to see if php mail is still enabled, also make sure that your myBB admin email resides is on the same server as your site. Some servers do not allow php mail to be sent from other mail server addresses.

Yoshistr

i'm using php mail;what type of script do you mean?
However i found that there is a problem also on the acp...the setting available for the email are show as 8 but when i open the panel i've only 3 setting:
[Image: immaginen.th.jpg]
i don't think that it's a hosting problem,i've it only after the update to 1.4.8.
Thank.
Any ideas?
Also the e-mail is working.
just tried with the script into mybbwiki.