MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help to configure email for the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Iam having problem in configuring mail for Mybb forum which i installed. I have no support for php mail with my service provider, so i changed my email service to google apps. Now i need to know how to configure the mail settings page so that my users will get activation mail. Please help me to fix this. Thanks in advance.
(2009-07-04, 03:48 PM)karthikeyan_3d Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Iam having problem in configuring mail for Mybb forum which i installed. I have no support for php mail with my service provider, so i changed my email service to google apps. Now i need to know how to configure the mail settings page so that my users will get activation mail. Please help me to fix this. Thanks in advance.

I have my settings setup with smtp mail because my provider does not support PHP-mail too. I only have smtp selected in the mail settings, and the other fields that you can fill out are left blank. For me that works and the activation emails are send without any problems.