MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: transferring to a new host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I've been trying to follow the tutorial posted on this forum to transfer my forum to a new host, and on the page after I've entered the database username and password, but when the next page comes up, I choose the only available option for the database to restore to it, but in the box under that there was no options to choose from at all. Am I doing something wrong? btw I used the details from the database I created on the new host, am I supposed to use the old ones?

Please help lol Smile
OK... assuming your URL won't be changing, this is what you'll need to do... backup your files and database from your current forum, upload the files to your new host, install the forum again, go into phpMyAdmin, drop the new tables, and import your backup.
I want to check the transfer worked fine before I redirect the domain lol so is there anything I need to do to check this on another domain please?

EDIT: After dropping the tables and importing the backup I got this error message when trying to access the site:

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'themebits' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT name, tid, themebits, csscached FROM mybb_themes WHERE def='1' LIMIT 1

Do you know how I can fix this please?
You never said you were using a 1.2 database... you'll need to run the upgrade script, you can't use a 1.2 database on 1.4 files...
Thanks for replying lol Smile sorry lol I don't know what a 1.2 database is Sad also what is the upgrade script?
It means that your database was from MyBB 1.2, but you're using MyBB 1.4 files, hence the error.

Go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose your old version from the list... do you know what your old version was...?? If you didn't realise it was a 1.2 database, you probably don't know what your old version is.... Undecided Do you have access to your old files...??
no what old files? sorry for my confusion lol Sad
You're missing the install/ part of the URL, needs to be /Upload/install/upgrade.php

And you don't have access to the files that you sued on your old host...??
yes I've still got everything from my old host on their server, but it'd probably take a while to find the files on my computer if I don't know what I'm looking for Sad

Also when I typed in that URL I got this error message:

Fatal error: Class 'DB_MySQL' not found in /home/koolkats/public_html/Upload/install/upgrade.php on line 66
In your old files, in the ./inc/ folder, open class_core.php and tell me what the version number it says is... then PM me FTP details and your forum admin login account and I'll see if I can upgrade for you.
Pages: 1 2