MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How does a forum user block posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to this forum and don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. I did a search and didn't seem to find what I was looking for.

The current MyBB forum I use has the option to put people on ignore so that PM's are blocked, but does not seem to have a way to set it so people can block the posts of those who irritate them. How can this be done? Is there a tool that is needed or any tricks? What advice can you give?

Thanks.
Welcome Smile

If someone is on your ignore list, their posts will turn into this message:

The contents of this message is hidden because {user} is on your ignore list.

You can see who said it and there's an option to show the post, do you want it so that there's nothing there at all??
Well the site I use does not seem to have this. You can block PM's, but not posts. So I don't know if the admin would need a tool/add on (or whatever you call it) to do this or what. Trying to understand what would need to be done to fix the problem.

The site can be found here if a link is any use. http://www.alonelylife.com/

I am new here so sorta clueless.
Ah, they're still using MyBB 1.2, which is over 10 months old, and is unsupported on these forums now. You should urge the admin to upgrade to MyBB 1.4.8; the feature you need will then be available. We'll be able to assist with the upgrade if necessary.
Is that free?

How can you tell the version? I was looking for it, but didn't see that.
Yep, everything here is free... you can download the latest version here and there's also a guide for upgrading: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I could tell that it's a 1.2 forum because the file modcp.php doesn't exist, which is a new file with version 1.4, and the ACP is in the 1.2 style.

Upgrading will have many benefits, there's a lot of extra features compared to 1.2 Smile
Thank you!!!!