MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how upgrade 1.2.14 to 1.4.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everybody
who can help me how to upgrade 1.2.14 to 1.4.8.
thank you very much
[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

1. Turn your board offline
  2. Deactivate ALL plugins
  3. Backup your files and database
  4. Delete all your files apart from ./inc/config.php and ./inc/settings.php
  5. Upload all the 1.4.8 files
  6. CHMOD the necessary folders/files: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
  7. Go to ./install/upgrade.php, choose 1.2.14 from the list
  8. Run through the wizard
  9. Go through all your templates and make sure they're all default
  10. Reopen the forum
MattRogowski thank you for quick response.
can explain to me how to backup file and database!!
You should be able to create a zip of your files in your file manager and download that (your host may be able to help with that more than us), or you can use an FTP client to transfer them to your computer.

For the database, if you go to ACP > Database Tools > Backup Database > Select all > Perform Backup. Or you can go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, then you should see a tab along the top called Export, where you can download the database.
i have to all file delete then upgrade ???
which one file upgrade ??
You need to delete all of the 1.2 files apart from ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php, make sure you've download those, then upload all of the 1.4.8 files, reupload your copy of ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php, and then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php
if i upgrade will lose theme, language and plugin ??
Yes. None of those will work with 1.4, however, chances are you'll be able to find a 1.4 compatible version to use after you've upgraded.
will lose member user and post too ?
No, just plugins, themes, and languages, but you can install a 1.4 compatible version of them afterwards.
Pages: 1 2