MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Roms and Emulators Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking at some things here and there to add to my gaming forum to spice it up a bit. I've already gotten a gaming section installed and am slowly installing up to 500+ games in it ATM.

But I started thinking. I've always liked playing roms on the emulators. It's easy and simple. And alot of the games are just flat out awesome. (my personal favorite are the older Zelda games Big Grin).

I think a really REALLY awesome suggestion for a new plugin would be a plugin the embeds an emulator into mybb, and allows me to upload roms to play on different emulators, sort of like the game section. The games would be longer and more intense and be alot more fun. The only downside i could really see would be maybe the amount of bandwidth it would take up and resources it would take. Other than that, I think i'd really like to see this plugin come to life.

-Psinetic
You will have to pay someone for this
Is this even possible?
Yes. But someone will have to build an app from scratch to Emulation the Emulator (lol) and the games.
Just link to download an emulator ...

I don't see the advantage of playing an emulator via browser.
Have this been made. Cause it would be awesome!
There's some emulators written in Javascript, but they're probably more of a PoC than something you'd use.
It simply doesn't make sense to run an emulator on anything in a browser.