MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

We recently got hacked because we were running 1.4.2 and not 1.4.8.

I decided to install a fresh MyBB 1.4.8 and then point the database to our original database still intact and unhacked.

When logging in you get this error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT loginattempts FROM mybb_users WHERE LOWER(username)='code blue' LIMIT 1
Please contact the MyBB Group

I have made sure failed login attempts is set to 0 but it still shows up.

Thank you
You didn't try upgrade did you?
No I wanted to use a fresh install from scratch, not touch any files which may have been modified by the hacker.
Yes, you need to run the upgrade script, you're doing quite a big upgrade here. Go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.2 from the list... also try and keep more up to date with releases, 1.4.2 is like 8 months old or something like that... Confused

You can reupload all your files if you want, but you still need to upgrade the database if you want to use a database from 1.4.2 with 1.4.8 files...
Well, it seems like you tried to upgrade and didn't run the upgrade script, that's what error is.
Ok thanks guys, but I see no 1.4.2:
[Image: 2i0enes.jpg]

Which should I choose?
Oh yeah, I think 1.4.2 was missing from the list, in that case, choose 1.4/1.4.1... also, make sure you have downloaded a database backup to your computer first.
Worked a treat, thanks once again for the super fast support.

Mods may close this topic as resolved.