MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Community Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can we have a staff comment? It would also build teh community by adding

Best site

award
In accordance to the topic title (ignoring responses), this idea has its goods and bads. The positive aspects of this idea would be that the community may get friendlier in the public discussions, but not via PM's. Hence, making it look like an overall "friendly community" on the outside, which is not what we are looking for. Another good point would be user support, one main issue we have here are support PM's, and this ranking system will definitely increase the amount of them.

The crucial point of my rejection to this idea would be inequality. If different regular users have many different statuses, this will cause everyone to be friendly with one group, and "dry" with another. While we do have the Mentor group, they are usually retired staff.

Furthermore, a good member will always be identified by the community as a good member, whether with or without an icon showing it. Therefore, I, in my opinion, reject such an idea for the reasons stated above.

Best Regards.
Quote:If you are good member, then all knows that, If you are active member then all knows that, and all other 'awards' are alike.

Oh that's so true. It's easy to spot the good members. What's sad is when bad members think they're good. Having awards will only show them the truth. It's the reason why the reputation system is disabled. If it were enabled everyone would quickly give certain people bad reputation and probably hurt their feelings.

If the reputation system is disabled then I don't see the point in also having awards.
Just a friendly suggestion - stay on topic... Smile
(2009-07-08, 04:27 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you are good member, then all knows that, If you are active member then all knows that, and all other 'awards' are alike.

Oh that's so true. It's easy to spot the good members. What's sad is when bad members think they're good. Having awards will only show them the truth. It's the reason why the reputation system is disabled. If it were enabled everyone would quickly give certain people bad reputation and probably hurt their feelings.

If the reputation system is disabled then I don't see the point in also having awards.

ha ha ha Toungue

Glad that you like my idea Big Grin

HuH...! Smile
@ghazal Dodgy
(2009-07-08, 03:12 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Just a friendly suggestion - stay on topic... Smile
(2009-07-07, 07:36 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have a staff comment? It would also build teh community by adding

Best site

award

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-49801.html

Big Grin
Yse mine combinds that into it.
Pages: 1 2