MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What the..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right..

Someone registered as '...' on my forum and gained a Moderator rank upon registration?

Have I done something wrong? Or Is it a flaw in the system.

And can someone explain how i would go about making back-ups and what they are?
AdminCP > Users and Groups > Groups > Registered Member > and see that if the "Yes, users of this group can access the moderator CP" option is checked, If checked, UNCEHCK it.

Backups are necessary for making it possible that If , by mistake, you have lost some thing, or baign hacked, then you have one thing availble for future reuse the forum again.
What version are you running??
I'm running 1.4.6,

and no it's not the registered user group thing Sleepy

I have 253 registered users so I was shocked when I saw him register and have a Mod rank.
You've been hacked.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52474.html

Delete the new user (obviously), delete any files from ./cache/themes/ apart from index.php (leave the folders) and then upgrade to the latest release, 1.4.8.

Also, try to generally keep up to date with releases. You've been running an outdated version for a while now, for more than 2 weeks, so the version checker in the ACP would have come up telling you to check your version... you should also subscribe to the mailing list.

As for backups, you can make them in your ACP, it's just a copy of your database which you can revert to should you have data loss or something.