MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installer locked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've upload and configured ALL the new 1.48 files. I am trying to point to an existing db and run the install/upgrade.php.

I ran the installer and pointed it to an existing db. This wiped out all the db. I've re-imported the data and wanted to try install/upgrade.

I get the following error.

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

Should I re-upload fresh 1.48 files to be able to run the instal/upgrade?

I've not see the "lock" message before.
In your install directory, there is a file called 'lock'. Simple delete it, and you will be able to upgrade.
:|

This is one of the clearest errors there is... in the ./install/ folder, there is a file called lock, remove it, like the error message says, and you can run the upgrader....
Thanks Matt,

Searching the MyBB site for "installer is currently locked" I got zero results. I did try and figure it out before posting. I should have searched just the forums that does result in more hits.

A clearer error message would be "remove the file named lock from your install folder".

A