MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sarcasm Tag MyCode [1.4.x]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-07-09, 12:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]All I'm saying is, if you have to point out what you are writing is sarcasm, it's better to not be sarcastic at all ...
At fault of user..

(2009-07-09, 12:51 AM)Ooka Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, online it's rather hard to detect sarcasm due to not being able to hear a person's tone, however, wouldn't it just be easier to just type that in your message and click the Bold option? A bit pointless imo. :/
Ah, exactly my point.
Lol, I know, I was just sharing a little joke we had on our forums.
A few people couldn't tell each others' sarcasm so we implemented this Toungue
Not that it's used much..
I mean, maybe you could modify it a bit to make it something harder to do than just bolding a work, such as a blinking graphic sign that displays Sarcasm on it, as it's a bit more obvious and shows that it's obviously not to be taken seriously.
I like the idea, i tend to use

Blah Blah Blahhhhh Blaaaaah /sarcasm.

As if to say /sarcasm end sarcasm.

But nice idea Infranight!
I love this one Smile Many people type with sarcasm but never bother to indicate that they are doing so Smile Thus causing silly arguments.
Uh

this can be done with internal mybb codes:

Hi [color=#FF0000][b]<-- SARCASM![/b][/color]

Don't see the point of this MyCode...
(2009-07-10, 03:53 PM)Ms_Skynet Wrote: [ -> ]I love this one Smile Many people type with sarcasm but never bother to indicate that they are doing so Smile Thus causing silly arguments.

That's the point of sarcasm Confused
(2009-07-11, 01:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-10, 03:53 PM)Ms_Skynet Wrote: [ -> ]I love this one Smile Many people type with sarcasm but never bother to indicate that they are doing so Smile Thus causing silly arguments.

*Face Palms*

Noob:
Bey Brad did you know photoshop is a good tool for GFX?

BB lets say you said this:
Really i never knew that.

We know you know that, but the newb, who just joined, may not.
(2009-07-11, 01:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

*Face Palms*

Noob:
Bey Brad did you know photoshop is a good tool for GFX?

BB lets say you said this:
Really i never knew that.

We know you know that, but the newb, who just joined, may not.
Which is why it's better to not use sarcasm in that situation. Big Grin Even if the person is confused, that's part of the point of sarcasm as well. If you don't want to confuse anyone, don't be sarcastic!
(2009-07-11, 02:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Which is why it's better to not use sarcasm in that situation. Big Grin Even if the person is confused, that's part of the point of sarcasm as well. If you don't want to confuse anyone, don't be sarcastic!

But this happens to you on this forum every so often right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4